Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Fillet problems, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- In this example,…I've got a rectangular or square block here…and I've got three fillets all coming together in a corner.…And it looks fine,…but I wanna put a nice big rounded corner…on this side of this block.…And there's no other way to do this…unless you're using Surfacing.…So I wanna show you a quick way to do this…and solve this filleting problem.…The first thing I wanna do…is I wanna start some sketches.…And I'm just gonna show you…the sketch I have here.…I'm just drawing a line, a curve, and another line.…I'm gonna be projecting this onto this surface here,…that one there and this one there…to cut them up into individual surfaces.…
Once I do that, I'm gonna do the exact same thing over here,…and then the exact same thing on the top.…Once I have all three of those,…then I'm gonna go over here to Features, Curves, Split Line.…Choose my very first one,…and I'm gonna project it on to this one,…this one, and this face, and click on Okay.…Make sure I'm choosing Projection.…It's gonna then slice these up here…so you have individual surfaces.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.