Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Filled Surface tool, part of Surfacing with SOLIDWORKS.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- A filled surface can be thought of…almost like a piece of saran wrap…and you're gonna drag that and stretch…that piece of saran wrap over a series of edges…and you want a nice smooth, filled in surface.…That's basically what we're gonna need to create here.…Now, you can use the filled surfaces with the basic…any type of user service modeling,…but you could also use em as a great helper…in solid modeling and that's what I'm going…to point out to you right here.…One of the biggest problems you're gonna run into…when you're doing multiple fill its coming together…is it won't look that great where they all merge together.…
So, let's go over to features here…and grab out fill it command.…Now, I have this, basically this is just a…stack of blocks here and I'm gonna fill the corners.…So, I'm gonna go ahead and choose…a half inch fill it.…So, type .5 and right away,…we're gonna see a couple errors are gonna happen,…so if I choose this edge here…and then come down and choose this edge here,…it gives us an error right away.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
Sheet Metal Design with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.