Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Extending surfaces, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The Surface Extend feature allows you…to take an existing surface and add material…in one or multiple directions.…To get started we ought to make sure first…that we have a surface.…As you can see here I've got a surface highlighted in blue.…I can jump up here to the Extend Surface tool…and as soon as I do it's looking…for either edges or faces.…Now if I choose this first edge here,…you can see I'm just going to add some material,…I can just drag that out.…I can drag that as far as I want.…I can type in an exact value here…or up to another surface.…
Now I can choose other edges as well…and it's going to continue that on.…It's going to go in both directions,…filling in this quadrant right here…between the two surfaces.…It's really just extending that existing surface.…And if that's not what you want to do,…you can choose the entire surface itself.…It's going to extend that distance in all directions.…Once you have what you want go ahead and click on Ok.…And you've just expanded the surface…that you've already started with.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.