Learn about pulling data from SOLIDWORKS to export data for drawings in other software.
- [Teacher] After you are done with your route,…you might need to get data about the pipe system…that you created to use in other programs like Isogen…for analysis or for creating drawings in external software.…You can easily obtain this data by exporting the data.…So how we can do this is go over to one of our routes…that we want to export data from.…I'm going to do top center route over here.…I'm going to click that, right-click on it,…and then go up to export pipe tube data.…Now you'll see this option…that comes up here for route exports.…
I have my selected assembly here…for the route that I want to export.…Then I have that I want it to start at the origin.…You can choose that you want to overwrite existing files…if you've already exported data from this route before…and want to create a new version,…and then you can choose your pipe data in a .pcf format,…whether you want to do it in millimeters or inches.…Since I've been working inches for most of this,…I'm going to stick with inches here.…Then you can also export your tube of end tables…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.