Explore how to use the Animation Wizard to generate an explode animation, which is commonly used to show internal components.
- [Instructor] Within the Animation Wizard,…I can also automatically generate…Explode and Collapse animations.…Now, in order to generate this,…I will need to tell SolidWorks how I'd like…my assembly to explode or collapse.…So to do this, I'll need to generate…an Explode View within SolidWorks.…So if you're a SolidWorks designer,…you'll probably already be familiar with this process.…Or, if you're just the animation designer,…perhaps you can ask your SolidWorks users…to generate these Explode Views for you.…
However, it is a simple process…which I can go through here quickly as well.…So, to generate an Explode View,…I'll just want to browse to my Assembly tab…and look for Explode View over here.…And just click on Explode View and that…will jump me into my Explode command.…And from here, it's quite simple.…It's really just click and any of the components…as you'd like to explode them.…So I'll do a very simple explode here.…Just grab this clip.…So I'm just gonna click onto that clip.…
And notice I have the triad automatically pop up.…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.