Learn about the current status of STEP files and their limitations.
- [Instructor] One of the most common file types…we run across when downloading imported geometry…is the STEP file format.…This is probably the most available file format…that you're going to come across.…Let's go to Wikipedia to see a quick definition.…The main thing that we have to know is that this is…a 3D CAD structure this is currently being supported…and comes out with new versions every few years.…The STEP file can house 3D or 2D information…in a vendor neutral format that makes it great…as a universal file type to be shared across…many platforms and many users.…
When looking through common websites from vendors,…like Parker Hannifin, McMaster-Carr, or any other…hardware supplier, for example, you will definitely…run across the STEP file as an option for downloading.…In the upcoming lessons, you can look into…how to handle the STEP file appropriately.…
- Opening files from different versions of SOLIDWORKS
- Importing models from online sources
- Importing 3D files
- Importing 2D files
- Exporting 2D and 3D files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Imported Geometry
Imported geometry sources1m 56s
2. Working with 3D Geometry
3. Working with 2D Geometry
4. Exporting from SOLIDWORKS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.