Learn about the current status of Parasolid files and their uses.
- [Instructor] When accessing imported geometry,…it's becoming more and more common…to run across a Parasolid file.…By going to Wikipedia, we find a great definition…of the Parasolid file.…Unlike the STEP and the IGES file, the Parasolid file…is not strictly vendor neutral or a universal format.…But it is able to be handled by many, many…different applications, including SOLIDWORKS,…as you can see listed here, and many of the…other CAD and CAM packages that are available.…The main thing to consider about the Parasolid file…is that it has two different versions,…the .x_t and the .x_b.…
The .x_t is usually the file extension…that we want to go with coming from SOLIDWORKS,…as it'll contain the most information.…But if you run into errors using the .x_t file type,…you'll want to, instead, import the .x_b file type.…The Parasolid file is often used to capture high-detail…information for 3D CAD models.…If you have a CAD model that's extremely complex,…it might be difficult to save it out as a STEP file…or an IGES file and contain all the information.…
- Opening files from different versions of SOLIDWORKS
- Importing models from online sources
- Importing 3D files
- Importing 2D files
- Exporting 2D and 3D files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Imported Geometry
Imported geometry sources1m 56s
2. Working with 3D Geometry
3. Working with 2D Geometry
4. Exporting from SOLIDWORKS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.