This video provides tips and tricks for taking the exam.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I'd like to talk…about some exam taking techniques.…The first recommendation I have is to use dual monitors.…Most of the time you're gonna download the testing client…and you're gonna want to put that on one screen…and then you're gonna want to have Solidworks running…on the other screen in full screen mode…so you can easily see what's going on…without having to switch between windows…or maximize and minimize and cram it all…into one small screen.…So if you have the option, definitely get dual monitors…for taking the exams.…The next one is putting a folder on your desktop…with any relevant information in that folder…right from the beginning.…
We have the option of downloading some templates…that I pre-created for you guys.…Definitely put those in there…and then go ahead and link Solidworks to those templates…so you're automatically selecting those…from the beginning or have the option…of choosing which template you'd like to use.…It's gonna save you a lot of time.…The next thing I want to point out…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.