Learn about the SOLIDWORKS settings that will work best.
- [Narrator] In this movie I'm going to be covering what is on the CSWPA drawing tools exam. Now, this is a page from the sample exam which has the information about the exam, it's also available on the SolidWorks certification website and you can download the sample exam from them or just get the one out of the exercise files. Now in this case here I'm going to be covering every single one of these items as far as basic view creation, section views, auxiliary views and so on in this list, so you know all those tools prior to going into the exam.
I'm going to be parts very similar to what you might see on the exam so you're going to show up ready to take the exam and pass. There are 20 questions on the exam, 200 total points, you need 150 to pass, and there's a 100 minute time limit. So those are the basics in the exam, and we're going to be covering a bunch of things in this course that you might not be using on a regular basis, but they are using them on the exam and they're testing them on the exam. You'll notice there's a little note down here that says due to the nature of the testing software there's no actual questions on dimensioning.
So you can imagine what we're actually going to be covering, it's more about using the tools and knowing what's available where and knowing what you can do with each one of the tools in SolidWorks for creating and working with drawings.
- Downloading the testing software
- Working with drawing views
- Accessing data in the bill of materials
- Using equations with BOM data
- Importing model items
- Creating complex views
- Sample exam questions and answers