Learn the CSWPA-SU exam stats: 90 minutes, 255 points, 190 to pass (75%), 19 questions, 1 section.
- [Instructor] The CSWPA surfacing exam is a 90 minute exam and you need a 75% grade to pass. Right now I'm looking at the SOLIDWORKS website under SOLIDWORKS certification and you can see here I'm right at the certification catalog taking a look at some of the information about that exam. Now if you just scroll down here, if you don't pass this exam, you do have to wait 30 days to take it again. Now as far as the different things you're going to need to know on the exam, they're listing out here, spline creation, 3D curve creation, boundary surfaces, filled surfaces, swept surfaces and so on.
We're going to cover every one of these things in order. Then we're going to jump into the sample exam and take a look at those problems and go though them to find all the little details and make sure that we know exactly what we need to take and pass this exam. If you switch over to the sample exam, you can see here, pretty much exactly the same information is listed in the sample exam pdf and you can see there is 19 total questions, there's 255 points, and the points needed to pass the exam are 190. Now we have an hour and a half to do all this.
Now I want to point out when you're taking the exam, take a look at how many points each question is worth. 'Cause sometimes if you're running out of time, it's best to try to answer the questions that are worth the most points to make sure that you get into those 190 points that you need to pass. Some of these questions are fairly difficult and you might not get all of them. Hopefully I'm going to be teaching you all the techniques you're going to need so when you get to that exam, you're 100% prepared and ready to pass the exam on the first try. Let's go ahead and get started.
- Exam-taking techniques
- Surfacing tools
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Building a boundary surface
- Extending and untrimming surfaces
- Knitting surfaces together
- Creating surface fillets
- Using the Thicken tool