This video provides information about the length of the exam and how many questions you need to pass.
- [Narrator] To get some background on the…SolidWorks CSWPA sheet metal exam,…I wanna direct you over to their website.…If you head over to solidworks.com…and go to the SolidWorks certification site,…which you can get to with this web address right here.…Go ahead and scroll down the page a little bit.…And, you can see here,…I've got a certification catalog.…Click on that one there.…And then scroll down.…You can see here,…I've got a CSWPA sheet metal exam.…Click on that one there.…And this gives you some basic information…about taking the exam.…Now, if you are speaking English, it's a 90 minute exam.…
If you have an older version of the software…or if you're not an English speaker,…it's actually a two hour exam,…which is the older exam,…which is 2006 all the way through 2010.…So, that's a pretty old version of the SolidWorks.…So, more than likely,…you're gonna be on a version a little bit more current…than that.…So, you'll probably be taking the 2011 version.…And you can take the exam…with SolidWorks 2011 all the way through to 2017,…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems