Learn about moving tube splines and checking your tube bend radius
- [Instructor] Flexible tubing has many options…of how it can be altered, since the tube is bendable…and does not hold a solid shape.…Our tubes are controlled by splines, so let's take some time…editing and dragging the splines around,…so we can figure out how to edit our tube route.…Let's start by editing this route that we just created…in the last video.…I'm going to go over to the left, right-click on our…sub-assembly, go up to edit route, and now you'll see,…we don't really have a lot of points to be able…to edit this spline at.…
Therefore, I'd recommend going in, clicking on…the route sketch, and now I'm going to right-click…and select insert spline point.…So, click in a few points along this line,…to be able to give yourself more points…where you can alter your route.…After I'm happy with that, I'm going to go ahead…and click the check mark.…And now, I can go in and actually drag these points around…to edit my tube however I want to.…So you'll see, if you wanted to try to route around…some of our other different fittings, it's easy to do that…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.