Learn about making changes to your pipes and routes after they've been created.
- [Instructor] A basic path for your routes…has now been laid out.…And now we're going to take a look at how we can…change and add to them.…Most likely, you won't be laying out really simple paths…so we need to get practice moving things around,…adding dimensions, and adding in different fittings.…First, let's look at changing one of our routes…to diameters.…Say you've decided to change your diameter,…pipe, or fittings as you go along.…Well, this can actually be pretty easily done.…First of all, by running over these different…assemblies that contain routes…we can see which ones they go with…by the orange box that appears around them.…
We're going to change the diameter of this route,…the one with the large orange box around it…in the center.…So, all you need to do is right click on it.…And then go up to Change Route Diameter…which will be right under the Edit Route function…that you've been using earlier.…So when I click that…I now get to select the portion…that I would like to try to change.…You'll see what pops up…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.