This video shows how to modify the flange profile.
- [Instructor] In this example,…I'm gonna be showing you how to edit the flange profile…of the sheet metal edge flange tool.…So, before we jump into that,…notice I have a sketch here…and it's 100 millimeters by 115 millimeters up here.…If I jump over to the sheet metal tool bar,…I'm gonna go ahead and choose…this base flange tab tool.…And let's go ahead and spin that around…so we can see what's happening here.…Now, as far as the amount or the length of this,…type in 50 for the depth.…And then over here, as far as your thickness,…I'm gonna change this to five millimeters.…
So you can really see what's going on.…And I notice here the material is…on the inside of the shape.…Right, it starts here at the origin,…it comes up here, it's on the inside.…I also have the option of flipping that over…so it's on the outside.…So, if I were to do that, notice, this dimension of 100,…would not include the thickness of material.…So, it'd actually be 105 from the bottom here,…all the way to the top surface.…So, make sure you're aware if you have material…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.