Learn about creating SOLIDWORKS piping drawings of subassemblies in your route assembly.
- [Instructor] Making drawings…of your newly-created pipe routes…is important for looking at all the required pipe lengths…next to each other in the bill of materials,…as well as recording important details about your route.…Let's look at some of Solidworks' tools…to help make the creation of this drawing a bit easier.…To start off, let's make sure we're on the piping tab…at the top,…since we're doing some drawings of piping.…I'm now going to go ahead and select…whichever route assembly I would like…to create a drawing of.…For me, I'm going to create a drawing…of our top center route.…
So I'm going to go ahead and click that.…And now, you'll notice that…because our tank is included in the sub assembly,…this is also going to be part of the drawing…that we generate.…So now that we have our sub assembly chosen,…I'm going to go up to pipe drawing…up here in the center of our top bar.…I'm going to click that,…and now what you'll see pop up on your screen…is a file that contains just your sub assembly.…It may look like a blank screen…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.