- When you're working with Weldment's…having the right profile makes all the difference.…Now, SolidWorks has some preloaded profiles,…which a few of them are pretty useful,…but generally you're going to be wanting to…either create your own custom profiles,…or downloads some profiles from the Internet.…Now, SolidWorks has made it pretty easy…to get a few of these standard preloaded ones…by coming over here to the 'Design Library'…on the right hand side of your screen,…and come down here to 'SolidWorks Content'…open that up…and notice you've got a bunch of things…you can download from SolidWorks…directly inside of SolidWorks.…
So, go down to 'Weldments'…and here's a bunch of packages that are available,…but they're not necessarily downloaded.…So, if you 'ctrl' plus click on one of these things,…it allows you to bring it in.…So, 'Ansi Inch' could be handy.…We have a few of the profiles there.…Unistrut's one I use quite a bit.…I'm going to go ahead and use that one.…So, 'ctrl' plus click on it,…it's going to expand it out.…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.