Learn about the different versions of SOLIDWORKS files, including versions by year, premium vs. standard versions, and educational vs. commercial versions.
- When collaborating with outside resources,…it's often the case that your version of solidworks…does not match their version of…solidworks and this can create complications.…Things to be aware of are the different versions,…year versions and service packs…that are available for solidworks.…By going to the solidworks website you can easily see…the different versions that are available for solid works.…Solidworks premium being the top level version.…Then below that professional.…Then below that the base package standard.…
To add complication to this there…is also an educational version.…Which opens up files, just the same as solidworks…but has watermarks and other things to limit you…from using it commercially.…Now that we're aware of this complication that…arises from different versions of solidworks,…how do we find out which version we have.…This is done simply by going up to the help menu.…Clicking once, going down to, about solidworks.…Clicking again and here we see all the information…about RC and license.…
- Opening files from different versions of SOLIDWORKS
- Importing models from online sources
- Importing 3D files
- Importing 2D files
- Exporting 2D and 3D files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Imported Geometry
Imported geometry sources1m 56s
2. Working with 3D Geometry
3. Working with 2D Geometry
4. Exporting from SOLIDWORKS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.