Learn how design tables can be used to create configurations, and the way they are used for the creation of custom items.
- [Instructor] In SolidWorks routing, design tables…are what allow the configurations of our various design…library parts to be created.…They're very important, also, if you wish to create…your own custom parts.…To gain a better understanding of configurations…and to learn more about importing our own data,…let's take a look at the design tables…of some of the standard design library parts.…To start off,…let's go into our design library…in our routing section.…And under piping, let's go into the elbows folder again.…This time, instead of trying to insert one,…we're actually going to take a better look…at the individual part.…
So I'm going to click on this one part.…Right click…and select Open.…Now after that loads,…you can see we have the pipe that we've been inserting…into our designs.…However, this one actually has…a large number of configurations.…And by going up to the configuration manager…I'm going to click that.…And now we can see all of the different configurations…that we've been choosing from this whole time.…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.