Learn the critical process of running design rule checks. Find out how the design rule checks will check over your PCB design and test against a set of rules that are completely customizable to fit your own PCB needs. Also, see if there are any potential
- [Instructor] Design rule checks are a critical component…in our PCB design, as they're gonna check…for any potential issues or errors or warnings…within our designs, and let us know how we can improve…or get rid of these issues.…So let's take a look at running through…some design rule checks here.…First I just want to go to my home tab.…The middle here I have design rules.…
So I have a number of options here,…I can set up my design rules as we're gonna see…and I can also run a design rule check…which is gonna run through and show me where…any potential issues or violations may occur.…So I'm gonna hit rules and violations here.…And I'm gonna get this message window popping up here,…and I can dock it or move it to where ever I'd like.…Maybe I'll throw it on my right hand side here.…So this is just letting me know that right now…I've placed all my components somewhere…about where I'd like them and so on.…
I haven't done the routing yet but we'll get to that…in a second, and it's just telling me here…if it's seeing any potential issues so far.…
- Navigating the user interface
- Creating a new project in SOLIDWORKS PCB
- Placing electrical components onto drawings
- Wiring and annotating schematics
- Creating and editing PCBs
- PCB design
- SOLIDWORKS collaboration
- Creating schematic symbols
- Changing between 2D and 3D views of the PCB board design
- Generating final outputs
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Schematic Design
3. SOLIDWORKS Collaboration
4. PCB Design
6. Final Tools and Outputs
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.