Learn where to look for library folders.
- [Instructor] Okay, so we're going to go ahead and make our folders for our disc custom design library. So I'm going to the Design Library on the Resource bar. And you can see my Awesome Company Library. And I want to make sure that's highlighted because I want my folders to go underneath there. And I'm going to select the Create New Folder icon. And notice it goes right underneath the Awesome Library. And I'm going to call it Annotations. And, I kind of want to differentiate it from the Design Library Annotations because if you expand up here you'll see that it has an Annotation folder.
So I don't want my Annotations to be confused with the Standard Annotations in any way. So, I'm going to rename that to My Awesome Annotations. And then I'm going to create some additional folders and notice I can just right click here and say New Folder. And it'll drop me down. And I'm going to have Awesome Blocks. And, Awesome Features.
And, Awesome Forming Tools. And, Awesome Hold Patterns. And, Awesome Sheet Metal. So you can see, I've got six folders. I'm going to rename this one to just Awesome. And you can see they've all been created here underneath. Now I could also have folders underneath folders. Like they do here, where you have Features and you have the different sub-folders underneath.
So, you could have sub-folders underneath sub-folders. But I like to try and keep it as simple as possible. And I do want to make sure that I name my folders similarly to the way SolidWorks does so that everything's organized correctly. And, if you go to your Awesome Library you should see the folders that you've created with the exact same names. So whatever you store here you'll be able to see on your local drive. 'Cause these are just basically links to your local drive folders.
This is just mirroring what you have right here. So what's next? We're going to be creating our very first Design Library item some Awesome Annotations.
- Adding a custom library to SOLIDWORKS
- Designing library folder locations
- Creating custom annotations for drawings
- Creating a grain direction annotation
- Modifying an existing forming tool
- Adding a forming tool to the Design Library
- Creating a hole pattern for a circuit board component
- Creating a feature to be reused
- Saving a feature to the Design Library
- Saving a block to the Design Library