Learn about the techniques you can use to remove pipe from your already created routes. Also learn about updating routes.
- [Instructor] Say you want to make a change…to your route that's a bit more drastic.…It might involve completely removing a piece of pipe.…This is where deleting a pipe comes in.…To start out, let's go into this route here.…We're going to go over to the left,…right click on that assembly, and go to edit route.…Now, instead of adding anything like we have in the past,…we're actually going to click on this pipe segment here,…right click it, and select remove pipe.…Now, as we do this, you might see…a few errors pop up, but that's okay.…
We want that to happen as we go through,…and we will adjust as needed.…Let's right click here again,…and remove that segment of pipe as well.…Now you see that the program has actually auto updated…the pipe according to what's been removed…the best way that it thinks possible.…Now, we have a few dimensions and relations in here…that might have to be moved based on the changes,…but definitely you'll have to adapt as you go.…For this one, this just remove this one dimension over here.…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.