Join Leon van den Heever for an in-depth discussion in this video Cutting the shafts of the flywheel, part of Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKS.
- In this video, we will do a number of…cut extrudes to our model.…Let's start by changing…the view orientation to a back view.…On the face of the back shaft,…let's create a new sketch for our first cut.…With the first stall selected,…select the keyboard shortcut "S" to bring up our…context toolbar and select the "Offset Entities" command.…In the property manager,…enter an offset of nine millimeters.…
And just below that, select the "Reverse" direction option,…so the sketch is created to the inside of the selected face.…Go ahead and complete the offset command.…If we are going to use a specific view frequently…during our design, we can create our own…saved views for repetitive use.…For now we will set up two such views.…Select the "Spacebar" to bring up the orientation window.…Let's keep this dialogue visible for now…by selecting the "Keep Visible" icon,…since we want to add multiple views.…
Change the graphic view to be similar to mine.…In the orientation window, the second icon…at the top left is the "New View" icon.…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Need a better background in SOLIDWORKS before you can continue? Check out SOLIDWORKS 2014 Essential Training.
- Sketching the flywheel
- Building and cutting the flywheel shafts
- Filleting the flywheels
- Splitting the connecting rod
- Building the sprocket
- Modeling the camshaft
- Combining parts into an assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
1. Flywheel Design
2. Connecting the Rod, Piston, and Sprocket
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.