Join Leon van den Heever for an in-depth discussion in this video Cutting the back of the flywheel, part of Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKS.
- We will continue with a couple more cuts…to the back of our flywheel.…We will do another revolve feature,…only this time we will use the revolved cut command.…Let's start a new sketch on the right plane.…Rotate the view normal to.…Follow along with me and sketch the following profile…from the bottom vertex of the underlying geometry.…Draw a vertical line up,…a horizontal line to the left,…an angled line slightly down like this,…a vertical line down and coincident with this bottom edge,…and close the profile back to the vertex.…
We will use this profile in the revolved cut command,…but let's first fully define the sketch…since fully defining our sketch is a best practice…and we will use dimensions to do this.…Make the top horizontal line 12 millimeters,…the left vertical line 21 millimeters,…the right vertical line 26 millimeters,…and add an angled dimension to the inside…of these two lines of 107 degrees.…
Our profile is now fully defined,…and we can tell this by the fact that all the lines…are black in color.…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Need a better background in SOLIDWORKS before you can continue? Check out SOLIDWORKS 2014 Essential Training.
- Sketching the flywheel
- Building and cutting the flywheel shafts
- Filleting the flywheels
- Splitting the connecting rod
- Building the sprocket
- Modeling the camshaft
- Combining parts into an assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Sheet Metal Design with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Up and Running with eDrawingswith Gabriel Corbett1h 14m Beginner
1. Flywheel Design
2. Connecting the Rod, Piston, and Sprocket
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.