Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Cut with surface, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The Cut With Surface tool allows me to take a solid body…and cut that body with a surface.…Now, you can use multiple surfaces,…you can have multiple bodies…but I'm gonna show you a very simple example here.…Go up to under Surfaces,…go to Cut With Surface.…Go ahead and choose which surface you want…to use to cut your model with.…I'm gonna choose this one right here.…And notice I have the option…of either cutting this direction…or the other direction just by flipping it either way.…Click on okay and just that easily,…we have removed that section of this solid here…and it leaves the surface body…that we used to cut it right there.…
I can also go back into that and swap the direction…and the cut the other's half off if I want to as well.…So, a very powerful command.…A lot going on behind the scenes here but a very,…very straightforward and easy to use command.…I use it all the time and it's a real time saver.…Especially if I use it in the model over here.…I might create some other type of features later on.…I can then use the surface cut to remove anything…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.