This video explains how to use the curved edge flange tool.
- [Instructor] In this example I'm gonna be showing you…how to use the curved edge flange.…Now the curved edge flange is pretty much…exactly the same as the regular edge flange…inside if the sheet metal package.…However, it doesn't allow you to make…an edge flange on a curved…surface, like this one here.…So notice, this is curving around.…It does have to be a flat sheet of material though so…let's go ahead and choose Edge Flange here.…I'm gonna go ahead and choose that curve…and go ahead and drag that up.…So notice what it does there.…Now I can type in the…length of the the thickness, the bend rays, and so on.…
I also have the ability to choose multiple edges.…The one problem though is the edges need to be tangent.…So in this case here, this is a tangent…line here, so if I choose that one there.…Notice it says okay, it brings it in…and it does it all as one feature.…Now look up here, notice this one is not tangent.…There's a little bit of a horn there on the corner…that won't allow us to choose that edge.…If I do try to choose it, it's gonna give me…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.