Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Creation of a ruled surface, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The Ruled Surface command is a very…powerful one again, that allows us to create…lines that are perpendicular or normal to…existing edges in a model.…So, it's a great way to connect one surface…to another, and to create 3D shapes.…So, what I have here is, I've got this A cutout…inside of a surface.…So, if I hide this one here, I've got…two surfaces, I'll just show you kinda…what's going on here first,…is hide that one, you can see I've just got…a cutout in one of them,…and then I've got this other surface…directly on the inside here, which…I'm going to go ahead and show.…
And that's just a blue surface,…so there's nothing in, it's a hollow shape.…And I want to connect the two together.…Alright, I want to fill in some surfaces…here between the two.…There's about a 100,000s gap between…the two of these, and that's what…I want to fill in.…So, what I'm gonna do is use the Ruled Surface.…So, here's the Ruled Surface, and I have…a bunch of different options.…I can be Tangent to the Surface,…I can be Normal to Surface,…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.