Join Justin Flett for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating walkthrough animations part 2, part of SOLIDWORKS: Animations.
- [Instructor] And there's one other method…that we can use that is actually quite useful…for these types of walkthroughs as well,…you have a little bit more fine tuning on the path…that the cameraman is taking.…I'm gonna use another camera here,…and actually, another motion study.…So let's say I'm happy, or I'm finished…with this free path here.…Then you go into spline path.…Yeah, so this is a completely new animation now for me,…and I'm gonna use a completely new camera for it as well,…so it's essentially a new project, let's say.…For one, what I'm using here is an actual sketched path.…
So within this assembly, if I jump to my assembly tree here.…I'll just jump into a isometric view, or so.…Just so we can take a look, okay.…So I've actually drawn a sketch called Path here,…we can see it, maybe I'm gonna show it here,…so I'm just gonna click this eyeball icon to show my path.…So now I have a sketched path here,…and essentially, I can tie my cameramen dead on that path,…so he's just gonna walk and follow it exactly along.…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.