Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating users and groups, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Male Instructor] As part of setting up your PDM…Implementation in your office, you're going to have…to create users and groups.…So, in this video, we're going to show how we can…add new users in the Administration tool and then…adjust what group they're in.…So, let's go ahead and jump right…into the Admin tool.…Going to log into my vault.…And if you go down, you see Groups.…Expand that.…We have two groups created right now.…And then we have a user list.…So, this is just a sample from my company.…
I'm going to go ahead and right click on Users.…Select New User.…Now, it's pretty easy process to go through.…You just say New User, enter the new user's login name.…So, I'm going to go first initial, last name.…We'll enter in all the information.…Make a password.…
And any other pertinent user date we want to put in here.…Now, if we want to, we have the ability to…copy permissions from other users.…So, if this user's joining a specific department,…say, the Engineering Department, for example,…you can choose an engineer who has the settings…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.