Learn about moving items into subassemblies to prep for drawing.
- [Narrator] Clip drawings and solid works…are created of routing sub assemblies.…Therefore, before creating a drawing,…you need to make sure that all the needed components…are included in the sub assemblies…that you're creating drawings of.…If you want to check this, go ahead and highlight over…the assembly that you would like to create a drawing of.…So, for this one, we can see that all of the parts in blue…are included in our sub assembly.…The same for our top center route.…If we zoom in close,…you can see that our flanges are included…because they are blue along with the pipes.…
Now, you might notice that the tanks are not included…in this, therefore if in your drawing,…you needed one of those tanks to be included,…all you would need to do is click on the tank…in the feature tree, and then click and drag it…into the route that you would like to include it in.…So, I'm going to drag that into the top center route assembly.…After that, when I click it now,…you will notice that it also turns blue…because it is also included in our sub assembly.…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.