Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating groups, part of SOLIDWORKS: Weldments.
- In this video we're gonna…be covering creating groups.…Now what a group is, is a group of structural members.…You need to use a new group for every time…you want to locate a structural member…differently from the other members of the other groups.…What does that mean?…Okay, let's jump into this shape here.…I want to add some legs to this design…and I don't want to use the same structural member…as I did for the top.…Right here I have channel.…That's not what I want to use.…I want to use some rectangular tubing,…so in this case what I want to choose…is a new structural member.…
I'm gonna choose ansi inch…and instead of C channel I'm gonna choose…square tube and for my size I'm gonna choose 2x2…and choose line.…Now as soon as I choose the line…it creates a structural member…and it just drops it right down there…so you can see I got a little over hang here,…which will be filling up some weld,…or I can relocate this, right?…So I can choose at the very bottom…I can locate profile and I can say,…"Well, I'd like to have maybe this corner here…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.