- Creating custom Weldment profiles within SolidWorks…is pretty straightforward and easy.…However, saving the file sometimes…can be a little bit more complicated…so let's go through the whole process.…To get started, let's create a profile…that we want to save and use later in Weldments.…I'm gonna click on the front plane…and go ahead and start a sketch.…I'm gonna use the line command…and start right at the origin…and just draw out a few lines here.…This is gonna be my profile.…Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and add a dimension…at the top of two inches.…
And a dimension here to the side at .5.…Then I'm gonna go ahead and choose this top line,…hold down control,…this line adjacent to it and make them both equal.…You do the same thing here.…Click on this line here, line on the bottom…and make them both equal.…Once you have that, I want this to be a hollow shape…so I want to make a offset entity.…I'm gonna choose one of these lines…and those that does it to the outside.…So you have this yellow representation…of what's gonna happen.…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.