Learn about rope, tape, and other coverings for pipes, and how to add them into your assembly.
- [Instructor] In addition to editing pipe length,…it might be necessary to add additional parts…to the pipes in your route.…One such example is a pipe covering…that can include anything from rope to tape…but could be crucial to the design of your route.…Adding this in SolidWorks can help you take into account…spacing and weight of this covering.…It'll also let you call it out in your drawings.…To start, let's edit one of our routes…to add a covering to it.…We're going to add a covering to this segment of pipe here,…so that is going to be this assembly…all the way down on the bottom.…
I'm going to right-click that, select Edit Route,…and now I'm going to click one of the segments of pipe,…right-click it, and go down to Covering.…Once you click that, over on the left side of your screen…you'll get these new covering options.…We're going to begin by using a covering from the library,…but we'll also look at creating a custom covering.…So using the covering library,…you can choose between tape, rope, or adhesive tape.…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.