You can use the Costing Template to create custom manufacturing quotes for SOLIDWORKS parts. Using the editor you can customize many properties that create the quotes.
- [Instructor] With more and more information … being built into our SOLIDWORKS geometry, … it's always good to look at costing … and how to adjust the costing template editor. … If we go to the Evaluate tab … and click all the way over Costing icon, … and you see what it says is … it lets you calculate how much it costs … to manufacture parts and assemblies. … Now, if I click on this, … you see that I've got a sheet metal part here, … it automatically updates my estimated cost per part. … Now, I've ran this part before, … so it had something to compare it with. … Now, let's say I go in here … and I make some adjustments to this part. … I'm going to go ahead and make this base a little bit bigger, … instead of five inches we'll go with 12 inches there. … As I adjust that, I click to update and my costing updates. … Now, this makes sense, and it's a great tool … for getting a rough estimate … on how much your parts are going to cost … as you're going through and creating manufacturing, …
- Working with the Costing Template Editor
- Using the Property Tab Builder
- Troubleshooting drawings in SOLIDWORKS Rx
- Benchmarking in SOLIDWORKS Rx
- Customizing your hardware
- Defining user settings in the Toolbox
- Managing tasks
- Routing with the Routing Library Manager
- Working with SOLIDWORKS Treehouse
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Tools
2. SOLIDWORKS Rx
3. SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Settings
4. SOLIDWORKS Task Manager
5. SOLIDWORKS Routing Library Manager
6. SOLIDWORKS Treehouse
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.