Before updating it is good to back up your settings. In this video, make a copy of the SOLIDWORKS settings and reload them.
- [Instructor] One good tool to leverage when upgrading…your SolidWorks licenses is the copy settings wizard.…Now once you've set up your interface…and your hot keys, your mouse gestures,…and all the other customizations…that are available in SolidWorks,…it's not good to lose it every time you upgrade.…So, if you make a copy of your settings,…you can then pull them into future versions…of SolidWorks, and maintain those settings…as long as those features and options…are still available between year to year.…And it's very simple, so let's run through it real quick.…
On Windows 10, you can just jump down here…and start typing copy, and copy settings wizard…is the first thing that pops up for me.…If you're going from the start menu,…you can just go down to SolidWorks tools,…and it should be the first one there,…copy settings wizard.…Very simple, there's only two options.…You can save your settings or restore your settings,…which means pull them up from the copy…that you're gonna save.…Right now, let's go ahead and save our current settings.…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.