Learn how to convert solids or surfaces to mesh BREP bodies.
- [Instructor] Converting existing solid surfaces…or graphic bodies to a mesh file…are pretty straight forward.…Here, I've got a solid piece of geometry…from one of the other examples that we have.…If I go up to Insert, Features,…and Convert to Mesh Body,…this brings up the Convert to Mesh Body property manager.…Simply put, I'm just going to select this body,…and then, it's automatically going to start…dividing it up into a mesh.…If I want, I can keep the original body…or hide the original body,…keep and hide it, or I can just keep it and show it.…
I'm going to keep it and hide it,…and then, here we go down to mesh refinement.…So, we can go Coarse or Fine,…and you can see how that adds…more points and lines to our mesh.…We can also drop down to the Advanced Mesh Refinement,…and adjust things like the deviation…or the maximum angle between them.…By reducing or increasing these things,…you can see that it'll have an effect on the mesh…and what it looks like and where things are spaced.…So, you can see how that spacing…
- Importing geometry
- Using the surface and face tools
- Working with Boolean geometry
- Converting scans to 3D with Mesh Edit, the Mesh Prep Wizard, and the Surface Wizard
- Working with mesh BREP bodies
- Exporting a mesh
- Preparing a mesh for 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Classic Mesh Tools
What are mesh files?1m 47s
2. Surface/Face Tools for Mesh
3. Boolean Geometry
4. Scan to 3D
5. Mesh BREP Bodies
6. Exporting Mesh
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.