This video shows how to use the Convert to Sheet Metal tool.
- [Instructor] The Solidworks Convert to Sheet Metal tool…is very, very powerful.…It allows us to take an existing shape and turn it…into a sheet metal part.…Now generally I recommend not using Convert to Sheet Metal.…If you have the option, it's better to start…with a sheet metal part from the beginning…and create it from there.…However, if you already have an existing part,…or if you're on the exam, and they give you a part…to download and then create a sheet metal part around…we need to use that Convert to Sheet Metal tool.…To do that, go ahead and open up the 2.15 sample part here…and go over to Convert Sheet Metal.…
And at the very top of the part here,…I can say I'd like to select a fixed face.…In this case here, I like to choose the top surface.…All right, and notice it does show…a little piece of sheet metal now sticking…on the top surface there.…I can adjust the thickness as well.…I can reverse the thickness…to push it either inside the part or outside the part.…And I do have the ability to keep this body if I'd like to.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.