Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Confirming correct versions and installs, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- Once you have all of your components…of Solidworks PDM Professional or Standard…installed across your workstations…in your home server location,…it's always good to verify that you have…all the right versions.…Down the road if you do updates intermittently,…and don't update all of them in the same order,…and have slightly different versions,…you're going to have conflicts.…So, how do we check this?…This is my client machine that…I'm on right now.…I'm going to go to the administration tool,…go up to help, and just check…about Solidworks PDM Administration.…
You'll notice that I've got the 2017 version,…and this is Service Pack 5, version B89,…or Build 89.…So, year, service pack, build number.…And you can see what the client type is,…and all of my licenses all have the same version.…Now, I'm going to go ahead and go…to my server location, as well,…and just verify the same thing there.…
So, I'm just going to go down to the…admin tool again,…go to help,…go to about Solidworks,…and there you go, you can see the…client version, the build number,…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.