Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Client requirements and installation process, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Instructor] Now up until this point in the video series,…we've been focusing mainly on our server location…and all the installations and preparation…we have to do on that end.…We looked at requirements,…we looked at professional versus standard,…and all the things that go into creating our initial vault.…Now it's time to start connecting our local workstations…that our users use to this vault on the server.…So at this point, I'm working on my local workstation.…This would be your normal office workstation…where you do your work day-to-day.…
You can see that I've got SOLIDWORKS 2017 installed on it,…and I've got SOLIDWORKS Premium.…So we can pop this open real quick.…I'm going to go ahead and activate my license on this.…You'll notice before when I opened it up…my license wasn't activated.…Which is fine.…We can just do that very quickly…using the Activation Wizard.…You'll want to make sure that your SOLIDWORKS is activated…for all of these operations.…Now if we go up top and look at the add-ins…that we actively have right now,…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.