Learn to make some more complex animations using the click and drag method, by moving component locations at different points in time.
- [Instructor] So the animation wizard…as we saw, is very useful for generating…quick and easy animations really with just…the click of a button.…However, in most cases we may…require some more complex animations…that can't just be generated from…our animation wizard.…So, we do of course have many methods…to generate more manual animations.…So one of the maybe easiest methods…to create some manual animations…is just using what I would call…the click and drag method.…
Essentially what we can do here…is just move around components…within our specific timeline and set…some key points.…So lets take a look at that process.…Here I have my brand new animation.…Nothing going on so far.…So what I can do is just move this…time bar to whatever points I'd like.…So let's say I'm gonna move this to…about two seconds here.…And then at two seconds I can place…any key points that may represent a change…in position, location, color, appearance,…whatever it may be for really any…component within this project.…
So in this case, I'm going to try…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.