Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Check in and check out, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Instructor] When working in SolidWorks PDM understanding…the Check In and Check Out file process is critical.…This is what gives you the ability to save updates.…Save different versions.…And create a history for the parts, assemblies, drawings…and other file types that you're working with.…So let's take a look at the different ways…that we can check in and check out files.…So I'm going to go ahead and open up a file.…
So I've got this file open.…Just a standard brass valve.…You can see over here that it's checked out by the admin.…So here's the first spot that we…can control checking in and checking out.…We can select the part.…And check it in.…Add some notes.…And check that part in.…So now you see the version number has been updated.…
To check it back out, we simply click on Check Out.…And we've taken control of the part again.…So let's say I make a simple change…like change this polished brass.…Edit Appearance.…Go to a brush brass.…Click on Save.…And now you'll see that we've changed our version.…So we can grab the part again.…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.