Learn how to change display and appearances within an animation. Discover how this may include change the color, display style, or transparency of any components within an animation.
- [Instructor] In addition to having control…over the motion of our projects and the viewing angles,…we also have the ability to control or change the displays…and the appearances of our models and projects as well.…Let's take a look at just the simple animation again.…Do a play from start and let's say maybe I want to,…while the animation's running through…I'm gonna hide the gear or make the gear disappear,…and also just change the color of one of the components,…maybe to, for example, highlight it or something like that.…
So just go over to my assembly tree.…I have properties for every available part or component.…So find the one we're looking for,…of course the gear in this case.…And I can expand these as well.…And notice you have kind of a break down…of what we can control.…So so far you see these green change bars coming in…and those indicate movement changes.…But we also have appearance changes…that we can change as well.…And it works very similarly.…So again, move our time bar to wherever we may like.…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.