Join Leon van den Heever for an in-depth discussion in this video Chain assembly, part of Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKS.
- If you've added the additional cam shaft gears…from the previous video,…your design should now look similar to mine.…I have saved a version though to this stage…in the lesson file as 03 05 Top Level Assembly Finish,…if you prefer to use that as a starting point.…Now I've already prepared a chain subassembly…for use in our design.…Now go ahead and insert components in the…top level assembly and lets find this chain assembly…and place a single instance into the graphics view.…
In this subassembly, I have added a simple…non-realistic chain which serves only the purpose…for graphical representation.…However, if you study the assembly file,…you will see how I have achieved this result…and can use a similar methodology if you need…to create a chain of your own.…The gears are simply derivitives from our sprocket model…covered in previous videos.…Now let's go ahead and add a concentric mate…between the small gear and the flywheel shaft.…
We'll make these two faces coincident to align…the gear with the flywheel.…Then for representation purposes only,…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Need a better background in SOLIDWORKS before you can continue? Check out SOLIDWORKS 2014 Essential Training.
- Sketching the flywheel
- Building and cutting the flywheel shafts
- Filleting the flywheels
- Splitting the connecting rod
- Building the sprocket
- Modeling the camshaft
- Combining parts into an assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Sheet Metal Design with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Up and Running with eDrawingswith Gabriel Corbett1h 14m Beginner
1. Flywheel Design
2. Connecting the Rod, Piston, and Sprocket
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.