This video explains the setting for SOLIDWORKS that will work best.
- [Instructor] When you're taking the SOLIDWORKS…certification exams, you're gonna be…creating a bunch of parts.…And most of those parts are gonna…have a few things in common.…And I've pre-established some templates…that have all the defaults already…set up for you, which will save…you a lot of time.…Go up here to click on New,…and notice here in the Default folder…for Templates, I have the…Linked in Part, Assembly, and Drawing.…And these are available in the…Exercise File folder.…Also, over here on the left,…I have this 1020 Steel in the…millimeter gram second unit system…as well as this 1060 Aluminum,…also in millimeter gram second.…
Click on Open, or OK.…It's gonna open a new part using…that default template.…Now over here on the left hand…side, you can see I already have…1060 Aluminum pre-selected.…If that doesn't happen to be the…material you need to use, make sure…you do update it over there before…you go forward with your part.…Because obviously you're going to…get the wrong values if you don't…have the right material.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.