- Exam-taking techniques
- Surfacing tools
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Building a boundary surface
- Extending and untrimming surfaces
- Knitting surfaces together
- Creating surface fillets
- Using the Thicken tool
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Daniel Corbett and welcome to the Certified Solidworks Professional Advanced Surfacing Exam Preparation Course. In this course, we'll go over all the requirements for the exam, testing techniques, pointers and effective use of time. In preparation to teach this course, I took all the latest exams to make sure all the course information was relevant and focused on you passing the exam. We'll start with the Skills Review chapter to refresh your knowledge and give you key insights into the type of questions that you'll see on the exam.
I've built sample parts that will mimic the real world exam and focus the discussion on relevant topics to help you pass the exam. We'll cover creating 3D sketches, splines, boundary surfaces, swept surfaces, filled surfaces. And then we'll cover some tricks to passing the exam and review the ways the questions are asked. We will cover trimming and extending surfaces, knitting surfaces and creating solids. We'll then dive into some direct editing with delete face, move face, and some tricks for working with imported surfaces.
As a bonus, I'm including some pre-formatted templates that'll get you up to speed fast and save you time on the exam. Finally, we'll cover all the questions on the sample exam and go over a step-by-step process to create and modify surfaces. Then add fill its, trim, and surfaces and finally create a solid body and apply a material. We will cover how to measure the parts correctly using the right units and precision. Now let's get started with the Certified Solidworks Professional Advanced Surfacing Exam Preparation Course.