Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Building a lofted surface, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- In this video, I'm gonna go through and teach you…how to use the lofted surface command.…Now as you can see on the screen,…we've got a lot going on here so I wanna break this down…into some manageable pieces…that we can understand.…First things first, you see I've got a picture…of a mouse here on the screen.…Now I just took a mouse off my desk…and took a picture of it,…and I figured this is a great product…to start doing some surfacing on…'cause everybody's pretty familiar…with the shape and look of a mouse.…So to get started, let's go ahead…and take a look at my initial sketches.…So I'm gonna go up here and I'm gonna drag…the History bar all the way back…to the very beginning, and you can see here is…the basic shape I have.…
and I've got the top plane.…I'm gonna go ahead and hide that for right now…so hide this one, and there's my sketch.…Let's go ahead and take a look at it.…So Edit Sketch, and you can see here…I've got a couple things as far as just…laying the thing out.…I've got a couple radiuses defined.…I've got some widths defined.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.