- Working with weldments and fabricated structures,…adding gussets, or braces, is very, very common.…SOLIDWORKS has added in a nice tool…for us to quickly produce these.…Go over to Weldments, and you can see here…I've got one here called a Gusset.…Click on Gusset.…Now, I'm gonna go ahead and choose supporting faces.…In this case here, I'm gonna choose…this little corner, here.…I'm gonna choose this bottom piece of channel…and the inside edge, or face, of this piece of box tubing.…So, notice I get a little preview…of what's gonna be happening here…and I've got this little gusset here.…
And, I can change the size of it…just by clicking in, I can either type…in a number here, so 3.0, and I'll just make this five.…So, you can make it a longer gusset.…You can see a little preview of what's gonna happen there.…You can make them the same, you can change the angle,…you may change the thickness, you…can do anything you want here.…So .375, a thick little gusset.…And then where do you want to place it?…So, in this case here, it's right…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.