Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Boundary surface creation, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The boundary surface is one of the most powerful…and most complicated of all the surface entities.…But it's also one of the most useful.…So to get started what I have here…the rest of the mouse I've been completing.…And I've got a couple of boundary surfaces on the top.…And I have the lofted surface directly below in red.…Now I used the mirror command so that I have…this surface here mirrored over to the other side.…So I don't have to do the same amount of work twice…and create a bunch of extra sketches that I just don't need.…So first thing's first, let's go ahead…and roll this back so I'm not looking…at that mirrored surface.…And there it is.…
Then let's go ahead and delete…the boundary surface that I've created.…And see how we created it.…Now I've got a couple of edges over here.…So I've got these surfaces here and here.…Which I'm hiding right now.…So let's go ahead and show those.…So I'm going to show this one and this one.…And I basically just created a line here and here.…And made an extrude surface for each.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.