This video discusses how to answer questions about the boundary area.
- [Instructor] On this CSWPA sheet mill exam…multiple times, more than likely, you're gonna have to…figure out what the bounding box area is of your part.…So I'm gonna use this part right here…and go ahead and flatten that out.…Now as soon as I flatten that out, there's two different…ways you can do this.…One, is you can just use the measuring tool…and just measure the length of this line out here.…Write that one down.…Measure the length of this line over here.…And then multiply them together to figure out…what the area is.…However, there's an easier way.…Over here under Cut List click on the drop down.…
Right click on this Sheet one.…And click on Properties.…And it actually does all the math for you.…So look over here under bounding box area.…You'll notice it's a linkable value.…And here is the bounding box area…and you can just go ahead and just type that right in…for the final answer.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.