Learn how to create fine bored holes.
- [Instructor] In this video we're going to be…taking a look at helical bore milling or just bore milling.…It's a great way to make holes.…Especially if you're doing prototype work…or you're making a hole with kind of odd size.…Now a drill generally looks pretty good but…especially if you're doing prototype work…you might not want to set a whole bunch of different tools.…So maybe you can just choose one tool…and any type of hole you like to make,…you can easily do it using a helical boring apparition.…In fact it makes really beautiful holes…and it's super simple to use…and let me show you how to do it.…Head up here to 2D milling,…come all the way down here to bore.…
As far as the tool, let's go ahead…and use this 5/8 inch tool which will be just fine.…Come over here as far as the model…I can choose this surface right here…and notice automatically it just kind of creates,…very similar to what you would see…as like a threading profile that's going to go…around, around and around here…to come in and just bore out that hole.…
- Loading models and assemblies
- Stock setup
- Choosing the WCS and running multiple parts at once
- Building custom tools
- Running a drilling operation
- 2D milling operations
- Modifying your post processor
- Simulating the milling operations
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
1. HSMXpress Job Setup
2. Tools/Tool Library
3. Drilling Operations
4. 2D Milling Operations
5. Simulation and Post Processing
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.