Get an overview of a CNC machine.
- [Narrator] CNC are computer numeric controlled…milling and turning machines,…allow the shop to produce a wide variety of parts.…Some of these are stand-alone machine parts,…while others support the sheet metal operation…by reaming holes, adding in pockets,…or finishing secondary operations.…Once you load the tools in the CNC machine,…load the program, the machine takes care…of most of the operation.…You also have operations like reaming holes…that can be done manually, on a regular mill or lathe.…The shop also has a CNC lathe…for doing turned and threaded parts.…
This machine can produce parts…up to eight inches in diameter.…Both the CNC mill and the CNC lathe,…as well as the manual mill and lathe,…are great support equipment for the sheet metal operations.…
First, review the sheet metal tools in SOLIDWORKS and the properties that make sheet metal unique: bend radius, K-factor, bend deduction, gauge thickness, and more. Then learn how to create basic parts, with base features, flanges, and bends that add strength and connections. Find out how to flatten parts and add holes, cuts, and corners that are manufacturing ready, and use the Convert to Sheet Metal command to convert imported geometry into native sheet metal parts. Gabriel also shows you how to create assemblies from multiple parts, use the Pattern and Mirrors tools to effortlessly duplicate existing work, and then document your designs with detailed sheet metal drawings. Watch the bonus videos to learn about the different machinery and processes that occur during manufacturing.
- Sheet metal tools in SOLIDWORKS
- Sheet metal manufacturing: Laser cutting, CNC machining, welding, and more
- Creating base features
- Creating flanges and tabs
- Making cuts and corners
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal command
- Building multi-body parts
- Creating forming tools
- Forming across a bend
- Building an assembly
- Creating parts in an assembly
- Creating sheet metal drawings
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Weldmentswith Gabriel Corbett1h 26m Intermediate
1. Interface and Sheet Metal Basics
2. Sheet Metal Flanges
3. Sheet Metal Cuts and Corners
4. Converting to Sheet Metal
5. Multibody Parts
6. Forming Tools
7. Sheet Metal Assemblies
8. Sheet Metal Drawings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.